Our Direct Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Camp’s location and resources including on-site medical facility, overnight accommodations, and an industrial kitchen make us an ideal partner of agencies providing frontline response to the pandemic.
- FHF is approved by FEMA to provide quarantine housing for first responders. To date, 10 first responders from Morrow County have stayed at camp.
- FHF is an approved Morrow County Office of Homeland Security Emergency Management Point of Dispensing (POD) site. With this designation, camp facilities can be used to distribute medical countermeasures in response to a public health emergency.
- Conversations are on-going with the State of Ohio Real Estate Office and our healthcare partners to maximize usage of the camp property if hospitals become overwhelmed during the pandemic.
- With ample parking & acreage, camp has potential to serve as a drive-through COVID-19 testing facility as need arises.
- Most of camp’s personal protective equipment (PPE) and two oxygenators have been donated to FEMA and local first responders for use where it is needed most.